The REIT Poland Association and powermeetings.eu cordially invite you to the 3 rd conference on “SRWN / REIT – in practice”, which will be held on 19thSeptember 2017.
As you surely know, mission and main objective of the REIT Polska Association is to initiate and support – with the use of our knowledge and experience – all activities aimed to form a legal framework for entities operating under the REIT formula , as well as promoting this type of solutions among Polish citizens and institutions. As an association, we are also an active participant in the legislation process.
Upcoming conference is another important initiative that aims to promote REIT in Poland among the most important representatives of commercial and residential real estate market. Considering the advance of current work conducted by the Ministry of Development regarding the Act on Real Estate Leasing Companies (SRWN/REIT), this conference can contribute significantly to the growth of the SRWN/REIT idea and also to the understanding of its mechanisms and foundations.
Commercial real estate market in Poland is a prominent and attractive market in Europe. Over the last 25 years it has developed rapidly with minimal participation of Polish investors. In the opinion of the founders of the Association, the current status can change only through the introduction of the legislation and best practices, with great benefit for Polish investors and the Polish economy.
We invited to join Discussion Panels and Speeches at the Conference all specialists in the real estate market participating in polish legislation process. They all represent wide range of participator in real estate – consultants, investors, investment funds and capital markets experts, ministry and administration institutions. We are proud to be catalizator and to connect such different environment, to create a platform for change experiences and points of view. During Conference we will share our common actions and.
We address the event to all real estate participants who are interested in growth of these market.
We are waiting for you on 19th September 2017.
8:00 – 9:00 Registration and morning coffee
9:00 Welcome speech
9:00 – 9:30 Opening discussion: Working progress on SRWN /REIT Act with Maciej Żukowski Director of Income Tax Department at Ministry of Finance, Marcin Obroniecki, Deputy Director of Financial Market Development Department at Ministry of Finance
Moderator: Małgorzata Kosińska, President of the Board REIT Poland Association
9.30 – 10:30 International experience and competence
» REIT – history on the international scene
» Development of REIT in European countries
» Comparison of REIT performance
» REIT taxation in other countries – comparison to the Polish recommended model
» Had tax incentives any influence on attractiveness of REITs in other jurisdictions?
» Which foreign REIT tax models could the Polish legislator benefit from?
Moderator: Agnieszka Stankiewicz, Partner, Greenberg Traurig
• dr Krzysztof Olszewski, Economic Expert, National Bank of Poland
• Simon Clubbs, Director of Tax, SEGRO
• Katarzyna Klimkiewicz-Deplano, Partner, Advicero Tax
• Łukasz Jarzynka, Director, EY Audit
• Sandrine Berbel, Corporate Tax Manager, Unibail Rodamco Int. (tbc)
10:30 – 11:00 Coffee break
11:00 – 12:00 SRWN -REIT Investor’s perspective
» Why REIT is attractive vehicle?
» REIT – success factors
» Business and investment environment (taxation of REIT income, property taxes, taxation of transactions, taxes and accounting fundamentals, legal form of special purpose vehicle vs distribution of profits)
Moderator: Katarzyna Kopczewska,Partner, Baker McKenzie Krzyżowski i Wspólnicy
• Radosław Świątkowski, President of the Board, REINO Partners
• Maciej Drozd, Vice President of the Management Board, Echo Investment
• Aleksander Kot, Director of the Tax Department Deloitte
• JLL (tbc)
• DM (tbc)
12:00 – 13:00 REIT / SRWN in the existing legal and business environment – tax advisors and lawyers professionally dealing with the commercial real estate market and the capital market.
» the scale of interest in the new law on the market,
» key points of the law discussion (dividend, tax structure, participation of foreign investors);
» suggestions for simplifications or improvements to the existing form of the law,
» good practices from foreign REITs,
» the predicted effect of introducing the laws into Polish legislation
Moderator: Małgorzata Dankowska, Partner, TPA Polska
• Justyna Bauta-Szostak, Partner, Legal Counsel, Tax Adviser, MDDP
• Daniel Więckowski, Tax Manager, KR Group
• Marek Sawicki, Councel, DLA Piper
• Zbigniew Drzewiecki, Managing Partner, Drzewiecki, Tomaszek i Wspólnicy Sp.k. (tbc)
• Paweł Halwa, Managing Partner, Schoenherr
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch
14:00 – 15:30 Keynote speech followed by Q&A session with panelists: Risk of introduction REIT in Poland.
» Property market risk
» Interest rate / financial risk
» Reputation risk
Prof. Jacek Łaszek, Advisor to the President, Economic Institute, National Bank of Poland and Warsaw School of Economics
REIT / SRWN – Overthrowing myths
» Who SRWN offer is addressed to?
» Comparison of risk levels between investing in real estate and other products eg. stock companies
» How to get reliable information on real estate investment?
» REIT control and reporting tools
» Investing in REIT vs real estate investment cycle
» Requirements for SRWN managers
Moderator: Kinga Barchoń, Partner, PwC
• Monika Dębska, President, Knight Frank
• Arkadiusz Rudzki, Managing Director, Skanska Property
• Dieter V. Knittel, Director Europe, Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (tbc)
• Włodzimierz Kocon, Vice President at The State Development Bank of Poland
• Prof. Jacek Łaszek, Advisor to the President, Economic Institute, National Bank of Poland and Warsaw School of Economics
15:30 – 16:30 REIT – is real estate market waiting for SRWN/REITs? – the attractiveness for developers and owners
» Investment market in Poland – where we are now in a cycle for REIT type products?
» Gap in investment criteria and expectations between buyer and seller
» Differences in assessment of investment products for REIT / non-REIT investors
» Legal stability – changes in regulations versus business assumptions and final investment returns
» The ability to pay dividends vs property revaluation
Moderator: Dorota Latkowska-Diniejko, Managing Partner, REINO Partners
• Izabela Olszewska, Managing Director, Market Development, Warsaw Stock Exchange SA
• Przemysław Łachmaniuk, Director, Investment Properties, CBRE
• Maciej Dyjas, Co-Managing Partner, Co-CEO, Griffin Real Estate
• Stanisław Gajewski, President, Torus (tbc)
• Włodzimierz Stasiak, Vice President, BGK Nieruchomości
• Mariusz Stawiarczyk, Partner, Radzikowski Szubielska i Wspólnicy
16.30 – 18.00 Cocktail
To register for the event follow the link